How does auto insurance work?
Auto insurance provides property, liability and medical coverage.
- Property coverage pays for damage to or theft of your car.
- Liability coverage pays for your legal responsibility to others for bodily injury or property damage.
- Medical coverage pays for the cost of treating injuries, rehabilitation and sometimes lost wages and funeral expenses.
An auto insurance policy is comprised of six different kinds of coverage. Most states require you to buy some, but not all, of these coverages. If you're financing a car, your lender may also have requirements.
Most auto policies are for six months or a year. Your insurance company should notify you by mail when it's time to renew the policy and to pay your premium.
Finding the right fit.
Rentz Agency is a great resource for finding the auto insurance that meets your specific needs. Consider these questions as you review your options.
- How much can you afford to pay if you get in an accident? (To keep premiums low, you may want to have a higher deductible and be willing to pay more for repairs.)
- What discounts are available? (Ask about good driver, multiple policy and student discounts.)
- What is the procedure for filing and settling a claim? (Ask who to call and what happens after you file a claim.)
- What is the insurance company's level of service and ability to pay claims?
Are you looking for a quote?
Auto Insurance Quote
Do you need help with an existing policy?
Request ID Card for Auto Policy
Request Declaration and Coverages Page for Auto Policy
Add Driver to Existing Auto Policy
Remove Driver from Existing Auto Policy
Add Vehicle to Existing Auto Policy
Remove Vehicle from Existing Auto Policy