Commercial Products Church Travel Business & Commercial Auto Home Home Page Personal Products Contact Us Get A Quote Make A Payment null

Renters Insurance

If you rent an apartment or house, you need insurance to protect your belongings. While your landlord might have insurance, it only protects the building. Your belongings are not covered under those policies. Also, renters insurance covers injuries to others.

Injuries to others:

Renters insurance covers your responsibility to other people injured at your home or elsewhere by you, a family member or your pet. It also pays legal defense costs if you are taken to court.

Loss of possessions:

Renters insurance covers your posessions against losses from fire or smoke, lightning, vandalism, theft, explosion, windstorm, and water damage from plumbing. Renters insurance does not cover floods, earthquakes or routine wear and tear. (You may, however, buy separate policies for flood and earthquake damage, if desired.)

Being out of your home:

Renters insurance pays the reasonable additional costs of temporarily living away from your home if you can't live in it due to a fire, severe storm or other insured disaster. It covers hotel bills, temporary rentals, restaurant meals and other living expenses incurred while your home is being rebuilt. (Coverage for additional living expenses varies from company to company.)

How much insurance do I need?

Add up the cost of everything you would want to replace if it were damaged or stolen. This could also serve as the basis for an inventory that will make filing a claim easier. For an inventory, also record model numbers, dates and places of purchase. Take photographs or make a video of these items and place a copy of the inventory in a safe place away from your home.

Then talk to Rentz Agency to determine the right coverage for you!

Renters Insurance Quote
Insurance Sites by Insurance Website Builder